Thursday 23 October 2014

Why Do People Hate Predatorssszzzzzzzzz?

Predators is the 2010 sequel to the classic action film Predator, however while the original Predator took place in an Earth Jungle and was a squad of soldiers being hunted by a single Predator, the sequel takes place on an entirely new planet and is a group of Predators hunting down a group of the deadliest humans from Earth. Now this film is nothing special, though to be perfectly honest I didn't think the original Predator was anything special up until the last 30 minutes. This film however had memorable and distinct characters (simplistic but distinct) as well as some fun action and nice production design behind it, and not to mention a lot of callbacks to the original Predator. However a lot of fans of the original were not fans of this film, I mean granted it has its problems but nothing overall that made it shit, I still think it has a lot of fun stuff about it, so why do fans of Predator hate it so much? The only real thing that I can notice is a distinct lack of Arnie. I mean don't get me wrong, I love me some Arnie as much as the next guy but I mean, a Predator movie without him isn't exactly a deal breaker (Like a Terminator movie is). And granted Adrian Brody isn't the most...enthusiastic of actors but again, I don't think he did a bad job, is he as good as Arnie? Fuck no. But really, things are quite backwards with this film, I would have thought that fans of Predator would have enjoyed it and non-fans would have hated it, but it's surprisingly backwards. Oh well, at least there's one thing we all agree on...AVP: Requiem was a peace of shit.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment