Sunday 12 October 2014

The Pokemon Theme is Back!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am not a music critic, I have no idea what goes into making a good song or how to analyse it, my reasoning for liking a song starts and ends with "I just do" I bring this up because it's important to take into consideration when I say...*deep breath* the original Pokemon theme is my favourite song. Now I say this simply because when I think what is a song that I know all the words to, I've listened to a hundred times and yet I never skip it when it comes up on my iPod and I always want to sing along too? And the answer is the original Pokemon theme, I love that song and I'm very nostalgic for it. But of course, that's not the only Pokemon theme. Every season Pokemon gets a brand new opening and like most people I feel like the quality of these songs have really dipped in the past few years. I mean I think they were good up until Diamond & Pearl, after that they seemed to forget what Pokemon was all about and just generally sucked. But the most recent theme, the XY theme...it's back...the original Pokemon theme is back!...sort of! It's actually a cover of the original theme in a more modern rock version of it, and it's only about a third as long but still, it's the same song, it's the same lyrics and the same set-up (again, not a music critic) and when I first heard this I thought to myself "wait this sounds famil-HOLY SHIT!!!" And I pretty must lost my shit, I was so excited! And of course it's not as good as the original, it's just missing than passion that the original theme had but I think it's a pretty good cover and would like to hear a full version.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment