Tuesday 21 October 2014

So Naruto is Ending...That Kinda Sucks

Naruto was a manga first published in 1999 and the anime series began in 2002 and on the 10th of November 2014 the manga will come to an end. Now even though this was announced a couple of weeks ago it has taken me this long to actually have my thoughts collected on this topic, on one hand, I am so glad that it's coming to an end, the arc that it is currently in, when it started I thought to myself "alright so Naruto's probably coming to an end soon"...that was in 2011. That is how long it has taken this series to end, so when this news was announced that it's ending in a couple weeks my first thought was "it's about time!" especially seeing as though I still keep up with it on a weekly basis, I just really don't care anymore and just want it to end already. But then a thought occured to me...I used to love Naruto, when I was 12 I was obssessed with the series, I absolutley loved it and couldn't get enough of it, it has a special place in my heart as being one of the anime that got me deeply into anime, and manga, I think this was the first manga series that I ever bought. And all the classic Naruto episodes still get to me, I love the characters, the creative action, the music, the stories, the animation, I remember Naruto being really really good. So now...I don't know how to feel about Naruto leaving. Sad because of the nostalgia of the series? Or happy that they're finally putting down a series that has gone on long enough? It's like a post I did a while ago about The Simpsons when that finally leaves, it's just hard to imagine a world without them...oh well, at least we still have One Piece.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment