Wednesday 1 October 2014

September, brace yourself, Winter is Coming...Well Autumn first but THEN it's Winter!

September, the most depressing month of all time is finally over and done with. I'm not exaggerating, September is the Monday of the calender (apart from, well, mondays) I mean there is nothing good about it, the lovely weather starts to go away, there are no holidays to celebrate, no good movies and of course there is going back to school...*shudders*. Face it, no one likes September, September sucks, and for those of you who were born in September then I hope you realize that you were just a Christmas present, or possibly New Years' Present, either way, you know why your parents ended up with you. September is just not a good month of the year, in fact I would argue it's the worst. Too hot for jackets but too cold for t-shirts, too late for the summer movie season but too early for oscar season, it's just this middle ground of nothingness, September is the nothing of the year. There are no major holidays to celebrate and who can forget the moment that everyone experienced with a sense of dread is having to go back to school, it's one of the worst feelings a human can experience, man fuck September.

So...what did I do during the month of September? Well i've already mentioned this in several posts, I started university, and what's that been like? Okay. Not really any life altering events have happened yet, I just moved to a new town which is only an hour away from home by train, in fact as I'm writing this I'm currently at home because from Tuesday-Thursday I have no lectures or seminars so I thought "fuck it, I'll go home for a few days" and let me say, despite it being only 2 weeks life already feels quite fucking weird, going from a busy town to a small village and realizing just how quiet everything is around here. Also the town that I now live in (Sheffield) is made up of nothing but hills...seriously, everything is on a hill, it's exhausting, whosoever idea it was to build a town on top of dozens upon dozens of hills, fuck you, seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

And that's really it, nothing else has been happening, because in case you couldn't get it from the first paragraph of this post, September is fucking depressing and boring.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment