Saturday 18 October 2014

How I Budget

I have been budgeting myself since I was 15, of course back then it was just simply buying fun shit that I could afford, but now that I'm at university I actually have to pay for real things like food and other things that you need to live and stuff. Now I normally budget myself on a monthly basis and I get income from student loan and some cash from the folks so I budget myself at about £500 a month, and I split that off into £200 food £200 fun stuff and £100 emergency cash and currently I am halfway through October and I have spent all of my fun stuff money (and probably gonna spend more) but I'm just under halfway through my food money so what I've come to learn is that I need to better budget myself when it comes to fun things but when it comes to food, I seem to be doing alright, that being said I feel like I need to introduce different types of food into my diet because ever since I got to university I realise that I don't have enough variety and have been eating a lot of meat so i need to try and balance that out with carbohydrates and vitamins and other shit that you need to live, while before I would just eat whatever my family would buy me, in the past month i've only had one bar of chocolate, so i've cut down on junk food, that's nice, although I do have a cook book for students that I am yet to use, so I should probably get on with that. Overall my biggest issue seems to be fun stuff, need to take better care of the fun stuff.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment