Saturday 25 October 2014

Alright Let's Talk About DC Already

Incase you've been living under a rock for the past week, DC/Warner Bros. have announced their movie line-up from 2016-2020 (Jesus i'll be in my mid-20's by the time they've finished). Anyway, they've got a ton of movies coming out and here's my opinion on all of them.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
I've already discussed this in a previous blog post, all I can say is I am very much excited for this film, the biggest problems with Man of Steel was the script and the cinematography; well, we've got a new writer and a new director of photography so we got that mess cleaned up! Also apart from that...it's Batman & Superman on screen together...of course I'm fucking excited I grew up with these people! Not to mention it is heavily influenced by The Dark Knight Returns, one of the greatest Batman stories ever told. So yeah, Batman V Superman on March 25 2016 (Side Note: I actually like the fact that it's not a summer movie, you don't all need to compete in the box office people!).

The Suicide Squad
I wouldn't blame ya if you don't know who these people are, basically imagine The Expendables but with C-list DC Villains (And a couple of B-Listers). Now I don't care about Suicide Squad, hell I even skipped the episode of Arrow with them from how much I don't care. I mean I guess it'll be cool to see an R-rated supervillain movie but...why do it this early? Seriously? Suicide Squad gets a movie before Wonder Woman or The Flash?...Suicide Squad!? The only thing that has peaked my interest is finally getting a live action Harley Quinn, but there are rumours that she might not even be in it, in which case What's The Fucking Point!? You really think anyone is going to see this movie for Captain Boomerang? That's not a supervillain, that's a cereal mascot! But oh well, it comes out August 5 2016, I'm obviously going to see it but...really? Suicide Squad?

Wonder Woman
I feel kinda bad for Wonder Woman, she's an important member of the Justice League and completes the trio of her, Batman & Superman, and while Superman has a total of 6 films to his name and Batman has 8; this will be Wonder Woman's first movie! And on top of that she's been played by Gal Gadot, though to be fair we haven't seen her in action yet, who knows, she might be good. All I can say is It's About Fucking Time! Honestly, Suicide Squad got a movie before Wonder Woman, when this film comes out June 23 2017 you bet I'll go see it opening day!

Justice League Pt. 1
Christ i've only just started university, by the time this film comes out i'll have finished...superhero movies need to stop freaking me out! Anyway, as you can see the title is Part One, this is because supposedly Justice League will be split into two movies, the second one coming out two years later (I'll be 23...someone get me a paper bag!). So yeah, I grew up with Justice League, so of course I'm looking forward to this...but only if they play the theme song from the cartoon, that shit is awesome. November 12 2017.

The Flash
The Flash is one of my favourite DC characters, in fact I'm kinda going back n forth over him and Batman over who is my favourite character, and the current Flash TV show starring Grant Gustin, despite only being several episodes in, is all kinds of awesome, so this film has a lot to live up to. Now it has been confirmed that Ezra Miller has been cast in the film, HOWEVER, people have instantly jumped to him being The Flash, because obviously you would name your main actor first, but so far nothing is confirmed on who he is playing, and being honest, I don't want him to play The Flash. Now don't get me wrong, Ezra Miller is a fantastic actor, I just can't see him as The Flash, why? Because he looks too threatening. I can see him as Nightwing or Jason Todd but Flash? No. Then again it is rumoured that they will be doing the Wally West Flash rather than Barry Allen, but this doesn't really matter to me, I just don't see him as The Flash, which will be released March 23 2018.

Aquaman
A lot of people have taken the piss out of Aquaman, he's been the punchline to everyone's joke, which I have never really gotten because Aquaman is a badass, don't believe me? Read the Geoff Johns comics, or play Injustice: God's Among Us or watch Justice League or actually expose yourself to any Aquaman content rather than assume he sucks just because everyone else says so! Not to mention he's being played by Khal Drogo himself, Jason Mamoa, and I dare you to look at that guy and call him a pussy. Aquaman comes out July 27 2018 and I am looking forward too it.

Shazam
It's currently unconfirmed whether or not Shazam will take place in the DC Cinematic Universe, all we know is Dwayne Johnson is Black Adam, and hey, it was gonna happen sooner or later that The Rock would play a superhero/villain. Here's hoping they get a good kid actor and adult actor to play Shazam (Think the movie 'Big' but with super powers). Honestly I just wanna see someone shout "SHAZAM!" and get hit by lightning, it's fucking badass. Shazam is released April 5 2019.

Justice League Pt. 2
The second part of this Justice League franchise, although having two movies inbetween is weird, I am very curious on how all of this is going to play out. But nevertheless, I am excited, and here's hoping that this means we will get either Doomsday or Darkseid on the big screen finally. Justice League Part 2 comes out June 14 2019 (Seriously, I could be married/have kids when this film comes out...I mean it's unlikely seeing as i'll be 23 but it's possible!).

Cyborg
Here's the movie that no one asked for but apparently we're getting, Cyborg. I'm just kidding about of course, I love Cyborg, I grew up on Teen Titans so obviously I'm a big fan of the guy, but I dunno, a whole movie to himself? He was never the standout member of the Teen Titans or the Justice League, he's always more of a team player. Also the fact that the actor Ray Fischer has done literally one thing before getting cast is unnerving. However, whether or not I like this movie all comes down to one thing, above all else, after Cyborg has done something badass, I want him, just once in the whole movie to just go "...Booyah!". Cyborg comes out April 3 2020.

Green Lantern
And at the very end of it all, we have Green Lantern...can't believe it took him this long to get his own movie. But he did get a movie back in 2011 starring Ryan Reyno--SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! We Do Not Talk About That! Sorry...So very little is known about this film, is it gonna be a Hal Jordan reboot? Or are we going straight to Jon Stewart? Don't know, Don't care, all I care about is the casting, Nathan Fillion for Hal Jordan or Idris Elba for Jon Stewart, I don't care if they'll be in their 50's when the movie comes out, if RDJ can do it then so can they! Green Lantern will be released June 19 2020.

So then those were my quick thoughts on all of the DC Film line-ups, are all of them going to be released in the way planned? Probably not, afterall Justice League was supposed to come out in 2015, how'd that turn out for them? Fact is, the industry changes so DC is gonna have to change along with them, comic book movies are different now from where they were a decade ago so I'm sure they'll be different entirely in 2020, so who knows if all of these actually come to fruition. Enjoy the oversaturation of superheroes for the next 6 years...I'm gonna be 25 by the time they finish all these films...*Screams internally*.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment