Sunday 21 December 2014

Films That Won't Make The Top 10 List

I am currently in the process of making my top 10 films of 2014 video, and even though i didn't see as many films this year as I did last year, gotta be honest, it's actually a lot harder to write up a list this year. I'm already feeling bad about what's gonna be an honourable mention, but what's even worse is what's not going to be on the list. So just a heads up; Birdman, Big Hero 6, John Wick and Whiplash are not going to be appearing on my top 10 list. Not because they're bad, I just haven't seen them, but of course distributors like to fuck with people in England by not releasing 2014 movies in 2014, but instead save them for 2015 in January, which is fucking awful because then they can't make my list, and i can't put them on next years list because they're not 2015 movies either, they're in this state of limbo for movies. The same thing happened this year for 'Her', it was a phenominal movie, but it was technically a 2013 movie released in February. This happens every fucking year, though it does make January a much more entertaining month when it's usually a giant piss bucket, but I would still prefer them to be released in the year they were meant to. But why don't you just wait a couple of weeks before doing your top 10 list then? Because this is the internet, no one gives a shit if you release it any longer than a week past January.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment