Friday 19 September 2014

Why Supernatural Ends at Season 5

Supernatural is a hit fantasy show on the CW with a HUGE fanbase...seriously, like, it's not even a fanbase at this point, it's a cult. And I overall really enjoy the show, I like the characters, the monsters, the humour and the creative plots. But above all else it has in my opinion a very well written and thought out finale of the show...too bad the show continued for 5 seasons after that finale. Yeah despite having a damn good ending to the show and also season 5 being as big as a season as you can get, for some reason the show is still going on, and that reason being that it is popular and the CW are going to squeeze it for everything that it's worth. However as far as I'm concerned this show ends with season 5 and here are my reasons why. First off: This is where it was supposed to end, Eric Kripke, the creator of the show always intended for it to be a 5 season long show and once it was renewed, he left the show because everything after that point was not part of the big plan. Reason two: the show isn't gonna get any bigger, the fifth season has the world at the apocalypse's door and the main baddie is Lucifer, A.K.A. Satan. This is as big as it gets people, how are you going to top Satan!? Reason Three: It's a damn good ending. It's just like I said, it's a damn good ending, it perfectly wraps up Sam & Dean's story in a clever and well thought out manor, showing the growth and change of these characters as well as expressing their relationship as brothers and their dedication to the job, it's not a perfect ending by any means and I'm sure a lot of fans were disappointed by it but for me, I thought it was great and whatever the "official" ending is, it's not gonna be able to top this. This show was a great five season long run but for one reason or another they decided to carry on...my wayward son.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment