Thursday 4 September 2014

August: The End of Summer (and possibly life as we know it)

Welcome back to my monthly recap of things that I did in the previous month, in this case it would be august, the last month of the summer and that it a thought that depresses us all, because Summer is a time for freedom, expression, tanning and ice cream, god I miss it already (even though it's still technically Summer) so let's talk about things!

Firstly, the thing that I did mostly throughout August was see Guardians of the Galaxy...a lot, seriously, that movie was fucking awesome. I also had a birthday, that was sweet, turned 19, went bowling with my friends, I won because I rock at bowling. But probably the biggest thing that happened to me during this summer was I got accepted into university...yay! Seriously though, this is something that I have been stressing over for months, my entire future rides on those 3 grades telling me if i'll be going to university, I know a lot of people say university isn't a necessity these days but to me it is, mostly because of stalling because I am not ready to be a proper adult yet. So actually passing my exams and getting into university was awesome and I'll be heading out there later this month so that's nerv-racking and exciting all at the same time...yay. And for the record yes I will be blogging about my university experiences every so often once I actually go there. Also preparing for university is hard, there are about a million things you need to buy and a lot of paperwork to sign and I've had to learn how to cook things, fuck that shit, I mean cooking is fun but it takes so long!

But that's really it for what I did in this month, honestly a lot of the time I just sort of watched a lot of TV because hanging out with friends is expensive having to go to the pub and the cinema and shopping and I'm a student now! I'm poor! Don't make me buy things! What happened to the good old days of sitting at home and playing Halo on multiplayer and beating all my friends because I rock at Halo, almost as much as I rock at bowling. Also if things are hard to socialize now then they'll be even harder when we've all gone off into different parts of the country to study or get jobs and stuff, I mean I've been friends with these people for years, two of them have been my best friends for 10 years now, those are the type of people that you want to keep around, thank god for social media.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment