Sunday 2 November 2014

October - The Month of Settling

October is rarely anything special to me, I can't think of any major event that happened to me in my lifetime that occured during October, and surprise-surprise, that's the same case this year. All I can really say about this month is that I have finally settled into university, I've made some friends, gotten use to staying somewhere different (though admittedly I do wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and forget where I am) and I'm getting used to being woken up by my drunken flatmates at 4am...that's a lot of fun. But yeah, there's not a whole lot to talk about, this month has really been nothing but settling into my new life, though admittedly I still haven't completely settled in, nor do I think I ever will. After all, halls of residence aren't exactly a housing situation that I'm used to, all you have to yourself is a bedroom and bathroom, as for the rest of the apartment there's a kitchen and a hallway with 5 other rooms for my flatmates and that's it, it's not exactly a normal living area, it feels more like a permanent hostel, it never fully feels like a home. So yeah, that's really it, if I ever actually get used to this setting then I guess i'll make an update (if it really matters that much) but I don't know what else to tell ya, this has just been a month of getting used to the old without much new happening.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment