Tuesday 13 January 2015

"Um, Actually..."

There is no phrase on the internet that comes across as more douchey than "um, actually" whenever I comment on something and someone responds with "um, actually" I sigh and go "oh crap". Because whenever someone is correcting me on something and they use the phrase "um, actually" it is always the most miniscule, pointless, irrelevant fact that just does not matter, yet having this little nugget of knowledge in their minds says "If i share this pointless little factoid then they will see how clever i am and respect me as their intellectual superior!". When in reality I think "Does it really fucking matter?" that little tidbit rarely will affect what i'm saying overall, so there's no point in correcting it. So remember, the next time you get the temptation to correst someone, be aware of the "um, actually". Don't be a douche.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment